Use your Lightboxes on PixelSquid.com to add and organize objects that you want to use in the Photoshop plug-in. Once you add an object to a Lightbox, it will appear in the plug-in’s Library panel, and you will be able to easily add that object to your composition. Click here to learn more about using PixelSquid Lightboxes.
- Use the Search field to search for new objects on the PixelSquid site. Searching for an object will bring up the PixelSquid website in a browser window with the search results. Use the PixelSquid website to add objects to your Lightboxes.
- Use the Lightboxes drop-down to browse your personal lightboxes in the Library window.
- Remember to click the refresh button if you’re not seeing recently added objects.
- You can also remove objects from Lightboxes in the Library panel. Hover over an object and click the X that appears to remove that object.
- To add object to your composition, simply click the object thumbnail. This will bring up the Spinner panel, and add the object to your composition as a Smart Object layer.
- Click the Add New button to add a new object to your composition. This will not replace the current layer.
- Simply press your right mouse button and drag your mouse around in the Spinner window to rotate and spin the object. This works exactly the same as the PixelSquid website. For scale and transform you can continue to use Photoshop’s transform tools to move your object around.
- You can choose to leave ground shadows on or turn them off. Simple slide the toggle to remove shadows or turn them back on.
- For quicker interaction, leave the Resolution toggle on Low. When you’ve found your angle and you’re done manipulating the rotation of your object, slide to the toggle to High for a sharper result.
- Use the Menu icon to access tutorials, submit feedback, reload the plug-in, clear cache or to logout of your PixelSquid account. Once you’re done editing and you’re happy with the angle of your object, you can choose to either leave it live for later rotation and manipulation, or you can “bake” into your comp. Baking removes all rotation capabilities, but does offer some powerful new features.
- Embed Smart Object – This option will download the full resolution version of the object and replace the current layer as an editable Smart Object in your composition. This is a very powerful option, as it leaves your composition intact but gives you the full features of a powerful layered PSD. Simply double-click the newly created Smart Object layer to open the embedded PSD and access all the features.
- Embed Layers – This option will download the full resolution version of the object and replace the current layer with a single group containing all the layered features within your current composition. Opening the group will reveal all the many powerful layers and allow you to manipulate the object further without leaving your current composition.
- Open Object as PSD – This option will simply download and open the full resolution version of the object as a PSD containing all the powerful layers needed for manipulating the object further. The object will remain live in your current composition.